Monday, November 28, 2016

Captain America's Hotpants.

I'm an alumnis of Ohio State University.

There was another shooting of educated people, and this time it's at my university.

Ohio State sponsors the Bill Ireland Comics Symposium. 

I've watched as my colleagues in comics have gone to enjoy this get-together. I haven't gone, because I'm getting less well all the time and my art and books are at San Diego State Special Collections, which is a shorter plane trip, if I ever make it down there again. 

But since it is obvious that there is a war on the educated, am I going to have to go to Ohio State and the next symposium? In solidarity?

I would go without a gun, of course. Because I am not a coward, and the reason for having a weapon invented for war - to kill people - is because of fear. 

And I call upon my friends and colleagues to STOP trying to "get along" with these Nazis. These people hate the educated, they hate nerds, and they hate artists. They want us DEAD, and they've killed more than a few of us.

Do not tell me this is a "humdrum mass murder." One of the superhero people who was originally a friend of Facebook actually used that phrase, and tried to excuse the Confederacy and its contribution to the hatred of the educated. 

I also call upon my comics people - especially you Captain America fans - to understand that we can't just sit around and go after the historical Nazis. We have a more vocal and dangerous population of these monsters in our midst, every day. You need to step it up, look in the mirror of your country, and recognize and fight this culture for what it is - SLAVERY.

I don't need to make any excuses. I draw and write the Desert Peach, and now Afterdead. The latter being what happens when we "normalize" the Nazis. As America seems to be desperate to do, right now.

It is full-on war on the educated. It's Bleeding Kansas. We need to bring the battles of Gettysburg and Vicksburg back to the culture that wants us dead. Not with guns - but not with understanding, either. Because the only way to understand a culture that is still wanting to support its ancestral use of slavery is to call them out on what they are.

If nothing else that, if they need to go steal other people to work to death for them - they must be so lazy it's amazing they still know how to breathe.

In the West, the full-on anger that they can't just go and commit genocide on the Indigenous, that they can destroy native communities for profit, is the other evil half of our history. People are suffering and dying.

Captain America - Your Pants Are On Fire.

Just In: Fellow Put-Up-With-No-Shit Liberal Activist Lee Hillhouse just posted this: "Last time things didn't work out so well for collaborators."



1 comment:

Madspirit said...

You know I love you! :)