Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Olympic Collectible Expo 2017

Hope to see everybody at the Olympic Collectible Expo on Saturday the 29th of April! Just think - with free admission, you can save your money to buy all the goodies at the show.

Here's all the information in a neat little postcard ('puters cut the edges off stuff - but you've got all the info, here).

Yes, those are horse ears!
It's a lot of fun. Good people run it, and it's the first multi-focus show in Kitsap. Yes, it's pretty superhero, but they were very welcoming to me last year. And they love goodies for their auction. Come see what goes up for bids! Including my very silly protest hat: 

So treat yourself to the scenic trip on the Bremerton ferry, and run five miles north to the Kitsap Mall in Silverdale. Bring friends - free admission!

Lots of parking, too.

See you there! 


Lookin' good with Ka-Blam
And now it's over, I can say I had a lot of fun, and met some old friends, and added new ones.

The horse hat ended up in the hands of Amy Bradley, and then promptly on her husband John's hat. They came out to help me out with my IdeaPad, that John got me in exchange for art - and because he can get good deals! To hold me until I budget for a new Mac and proper capability, someday.
More good stuff -
Another table in the same block.

Here's me wearing my Ka-Blam tshirt - which I wear to shows to to earn more printing credit from this great little print-on-demand company! 

It turns out it was a mall show, so I have my choice - and I think I'm going to have to stick to the September show, which has its own room, instead of being in a mall. As nice as this show was, another dealer said, "Mall shows are just sad." 

I wonder if they've considered the Bremerton spaces? How about the Elk's club? NICE big space and a stage! They could put on all kinds of presentations where everybody could watch them. Pretty good parking, too. Although the massive parking at the mall could be a deal-breaker.

There are some really nice ones - and PLENTY of places to stay. I can vouch for the Super 8 - not very fancy, but clean, quiet, great breakfast, nice staff and - SCALDING HOT WATER. Just right for a long hot soak after a long dealing day. Freeway noises blocked by a bank and trees. Oh, and nice discounts at the DQ and the Denny's, right next door.

I'm going to make up a nice sign that says, "Must leave by 3:00 due to driving daylight - make contact and purchases before then!" People are happy if they're kept in the loop. I liked staying at the nice hotel - but I'm within the State, and can drive home if I can.

More and more, shows aren't about sales, but about faces. Which this one was. And I may have helped a kid get into being a cartoonist. OOPS. I hope that goes well!

No comments: